This page contains organization and financial information for donors, volunteers and the public at large and is provided as part of MPP’s policy of transparency.
Movement for a People’s Party, PeoplesParty.org, are initiatives of People for a Working Democracy (PFWD) — a non-profit corporation organized in Michigan and operating under Section 527 of the US Internal Revenue Code.
Organization Name – People for a Working Democracy
- Date of Filing of Original Articles of Incorporation: 2/7/2017
- Michigan number Assigned by the Bureau: 802003528
- Organization Documents
- Public Reports
- Reports on contributions and expenditures can be found in IRS public records. Search: People for a Working Democracy online
- References: State of Michigan – Non-profit corporation
- MPP Platform – What we stand for
- Donor Policy
- MPP is founded on the principle of a fair and equitable country for all Americans and adheres to a donor policy consistent with this principle.
- MPP’s goal is to advance an independent party free of billionaire and corporate influence. For this reason, PFWD/MPP will not accept billionaire and lobbyist money, nor contributions from industries which harm the people and the planet with their agenda of extraction and exploitation.
- The following is a sampling of industries from which MPP will not accept donations: fossil fuels, gun/war industry, Wall Street, industrial animal farms, big pharmaceutical industry.
- For inquiries about unique situations, non-monetary contributions, or donations other than through the MPP website donation page, or check, please contact Tiffany@PeoplesParty.org.
The corporations have two parties already,
MPP is building a party for the people.
MPP Contribution Statistics (rev. 8/9/2020 – updated periodically)
- Average contribution amount $19.90
- 90% of donors donate $50 or less
- Number of donors/donations vary each month, last full month there were approximately 400 donations.