This page contains organization and financial information for donors, volunteers, and the public at large and is provided as part of MPP’s policy of transparency.
The Movement for a People’s Party is an initiative of the People’s Party — a non-profit corporation organized in Michigan and operating under Section 527 of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code.
- Date of Filing of Original Articles of Incorporation: 2/7/2017
- Michigan number Assigned by the Bureau: 802003528
Organization Documents and Public Reports
- Articles of Incorporation
- Restated Articles-Resident Agent
- Form 8871-Notice of 527 Status
- Restated Articles-527
- Certificate of Good Standing VA
- Registered Agent: REGISTERED AGENTS INC, 2222 W. GRAND RIVER AVE STE A, OKEMOS, MI 48864
- Reports on contributions and expenditures can be found in IRS public records. Search: People for a Working Democracy online
- Other People’s Party Information Found on the Web
- peoplesparty.org – MPP’s official website
- Open Secrets – some publicly filed information found
- State of Michigan – non-profit corporation
- Domestic Non-Profit Corporations formed under the Non-Profit Corporation Act
- Search link
- The People’s Party is founded on the principle of a fair and equitable country for all Americans and adheres to a donor policy consistent with this principle.
- Our goal is to advance an independent party free of corporate money. For this reason, the People’s Party does not accept corporate, billionaire, and lobbyist money. We are building a party completely free of corporate money and influence, as stated in our People’s Convention resolution and vote, which passed with 99% approval.
- For inquiries about non-monetary contributions or donations other than through our website donation page please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. To donate online or by check please visit peoplesparty.org/donate.
- By law, contributions are not tax-deductible.
- People’s Party Platform – what we stand for.
MPP Contribution Statistics for Q1 (rev. 4/8/2021 – updated periodically)
- Average contribution amount is $19
- 90% of donations are less than $50
- Month of March there were approximately 1050 donations (Donations vary depending on the month)
Wall Street has two major parties.
It’s time the people had one.