Join the People’s Party at AOC’s Bronx office on Monday, July 26th at 3:00 pm to hand-deliver our petition that calls on Congress to use every means necessary to pass Medicare for All now!
Joining the Rally
- Shareef Snuggs, National Organizer, March for Medicare for All, AOC constituent
- Scott Desnoyers, #DannyStrong, March for Medicare for All
- Susan Sarandon, Advisory Council, People’s Party
Chris Smalls, Advisory Council, People’s Party, The Congress of Essential Workers, unionizing Amazon
- Paula Jean Swearengin, Candidate Engagement Director, People’s Party
- Zeynab Day, Executive Director, People’s Party
- Nick Brana, National Chair, People’s Party
Bring a friend, bring a sign, and help share out the rally on social media!
If you can’t join the rally in person, here’s some ways to participate and help us stand up for Medicare for All.
- Sign the Petition calling on AOC and House progressives to demand Medicare for All.
- #CantWaitTill65 on your Facebook, Twitter or Instagram and share a photo of yourself or your family and tell why you can’t wait ‘till 65 to have guaranteed health care.
- Contribute to help with this event and other direct actions the People’s Party will be organizing for in the future.
To Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, the Squad, Pramila Jayapal, House progressives, Bernie Sanders, and every member of Congress:
1. We demand that you call on Biden to declare a pandemic public health emergency and expand Medicare to every American using Section 1881A of the Social Security Act.
2. We demand that you use every legislative tool available to pass Medicare for All in Congress, including withholding and leveraging your votes to demand single-payer as a condition for passing legislation.
3. We demand that you use your huge social media followings, ability to get press, and celebrity to organize direct actions for Medicare for All. Organize and join rallies at the White House and Congress demanding that they give Medicare to All.
4. We demand that you meet with us, your own constituents, people affected by our horrific health care system, and Medicare for All movement organizers, to plan and coordinate the above actions and a fearless new campaign for single-payer.
The government guarantees members of Congress the best healthcare in the world. But the rest of us are still suffering. We demand that you fight for Medicare for All like our lives depend on it.
Because they do!