On Sunday, August 30th, 2020, an assortment of luminaries from across the cultural spectrum joined forces to launch the movement to form a new major political party in the United States. The People’s Convention 2020 Podcast brings this full event to you in eight episodes.
The speakers at this event focused on discussing the issues, not abstract ideals, and made it clear that while we may not agree on everything, we have more in common than we have been led to believe by the existing major parties. The common thread amongst the speakers was a disavowal of both neofascism and neoliberalism, and an advocacy of people over corporations. This is the Movement for a People’s Party.
Podcast part 3
– Chris Hedges on the high stakes of oligarchic concentration of power under both major parties
– Peoples’ Testimonials on the need for a major new party to deal with the crises we face
– Lauren Ashcraft on why we need to stop taking abuse from our good cop/bad cop duopoly
– Isiah James on the civil rights movement that continues to this day
– Eleanor Goldfield on how historic and unstoppable our movement is